Saturday, August 6, 2011

Look Another Tech Blogger, AHHH!

So what makes me so great? Another tech blogger? Why should I read your stuff?

Ok, I know the number of tech bloggers in America could literally support a city the size of Charleston, SC. I know there is fierce competition. I know I really need to be different. So let me make a case for myself.

I am not a journalist. I did not focus on writing first and then happen to have tech as a focus. I have a true passion for technology and how it effects our culture. Today all these blogs are trying to scoop the next device and break a big story. This blog is not to scoop stuff.

I think I just puked a little bit



Wait a second where did everyone go?

Ok those left in the room here is what I will do.  The public needs true opinions without someone bowing to a sponsor or afraid to step on toes. You will get honest opinions and less editing from me.

Incase your wondering I do have credentials.  I have a heavy focus in the mobile electronics world. I have spent 5 years in retail sales, management, and technical support with numerous large companies. Wireless carriers have used me like a preacher uses a collection plate (maybe one day I'll get to keep the money).

Before my long and current stent in the mobile world I was into home security systems. No, we could not make binary code cover your walls.  Yes, the sign in your yard is more important than the system in your home.



Ok, so I have tech credentials, but do I have nerd credentials. Well, I have built my own desktop XP rig a few years back. Yes, it did overheat after a few months. Here is a tip about desktop building; don't buy the cheapest motherboard. I also have a modified Xbox with a 160 GB HDD in it, and have loaded about 6 different ROMs on my HTC Imagio. Yes, I void warranties. I recently voided my Toshiba Qosmio laptop warranty by yanking out the 64 GB SSD with a nicer OCZ 128 GB SSD.



To be honest I am amateur to a lot of tech out there, and you will see me pull on associates to help me on bigger topics than I can handle. Just try to stay with me and notice I try to see tech from the average consumer angle and not some guy trying to bag a deal with Apple. Enjoy the blog people.